Due to the high volume of Scholarship requests and a limited amount of Scholarship funds, the AmberFund.com will accept Scholarship Applications from January 1st through May 15th each year. The remainder of the year will be focused on raising funds for the following year's Scholarship Applicants.
Mission Scholarship Policy
When someone believes God is leading them to participate in a trip, God is the One who will provide through various means. While the Amber Nicole Boan Fund for Short Term Missions wants to do everything possible to provide financial aid for those who desire to participate in a church-sanctioned mission trip, it should be understood that scholarships are reserved for those who have a genuine financial need. Our intention is to be a blessing for those who have fulfilled their responsibility in raising funds for a particular mission trip.
The granting of a scholarship should not be assumed during the process. Availability of funds depends on mission funds available at the time of request, as well as other factors, including:
- The effort an individual has given to raising support through the fundraising letters and contacts;
- The individual's capacity through income, savings and resources to pay for his or her trip;
- The spiritual maturity of the applicant;
- The ability of the applicant to provide leadership during the trip or on future trips; and
- The timeliness of the scholarship application (Deadlines will be posted on this web site).
A person should not request a scholarship and then determine how much they need to raise for their own support. The proper attitude and order is:
- God is leading me to participate in this trip and He will provide the funds;
- I will pray for the need to be met, and I will work and save needed funds, and send out fundraising letters to my friends, family and colleagues; I will work very hard not to request funds from church members.
- I will personally sacrifice to be obedient to God.
- I will then make application to see if financial help is available as God leads and enables.
Q: I genuinely don’t have enough money to pay for the mission trip. What should I do?
You will need to:
- Review the fundraising guidelines and sample letters;
- Send out your personalized fundraising and prayer support letters as soon as possible;
- Pray and ask God to provide the funding you need for this trip;
- Prayerfully ask God what you should contribute to the trip if all funding has not come through the fundraising letters; and
- Complete and return a scholarship application form.
Scholarships will be granted:
According to the effort given by the participant to raise funds;
- According to need;
- Pending availability of funds and the number of people requesting scholarships.
Q: What is the largest amount I can expect to receive from a scholarship?
A: Unless a highly unusual set of circumstances exist, the maximum amount of a scholarship will not exceed 25% of the total price of the trip.
Q: When will I know if I will receive a scholarship and how much it will be?
A: The Amber Nicole Boan Fund for Short Term Missions Foundation will send you a confirmation of your scholarship approval and amount no less than one month prior to the trip to allow you time to raise any additional funds needed.
APPLY NOW by downloading the application form and returning it to the AmberFund as instructed!